Problems with SOAP::MIME (or with me)

  • ninethirty <ninethirty@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2003
      I am writing a Perl SOAP client that needs to be able to handle
      attachments, so I have included SOAP::MIME and MIME::Entity, as
      described in message 1977 from Paul. But in the same script, before I
      get to the point where I make a call that uses the attachments, I try
      to make a normal SOAP call without attachments. This call fails with
      no error. Everything just stops. Does including SOAP::MIME break the
      non-attachment-sending functionality?
      I've tried sending it a blank array into the $soap->parts(
      @blank_array_here ) and similar tricks, but no luck.

      I can split this script into two scripts, if necessary, I just need to
      know if it is really necessary or if I am doing something wrong.

      Thanks!

      Matt
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2003
        A short answer to "Does including SOAP::MIME break the
        non-attachment-sending functionality?" is: it may.

        SOAP::MIME right now overrides certain SOAP::Lite methods... a mistake on my
        part. It *should* instead provide new implementations that you can assign to
        your SOAP::Lite instance. i.e. $soap =
        SOAP::Lite->parser($soapmime_parser)->etc...

        Anyway - without looking into it - this is a bug. Quick fix: two different
        scripts. Right fix: fix the bug in SOAP::MIME... which I have logged and
        will work on when I get back from my honeymoon (which I leave for on
        Sunday). Convenient excuse, I know. ;)

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2003
          Thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead and split it up.

          Yes, I suppose we'll accept that excuse ;)

          Enjoy

          http://shopping.yahoo.com