RE: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite interoperability with .NET using hrefs

  • Andy Kelk
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 11, 2003
      Hi all,

      Thanks ever so much for all of the replies. It certainly gave me some
      new ammo to fire at the problem and I have now found a solution. I have
      succesfully had a .Net client interact and perform its desired actions
      with the SOAP::Lite server.

      Thanks once again to all who helped out. :-)

      Andy

      --
      Andy Kelk
      Head of Integration, Venda
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 10 8:46 AM
        On Thursday 10 April 2003 01:04 am, you wrote:
        > > Andy, can you share the secret with us? I'm trying to get
        > > through the same
        > > problem and it would be so helpful to see some source code.
        >
        > I will certainly do my best. What exactly is the problem you're having?

        Passing a struct, one of whose members is an array, back and forth between
        SOAP::Lite and dotNet (a c# class in a dll). Something like this

        $d = { trkNum => "123",
        authCred => "fubar",
        charges => [2,6,9]
        };

        Using Randy Ray's example
        (http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/03/26/perlanddotnet.html) of
        serialize_complex_type() I was able to send the struct back and forth using

        Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal

        but that doesn't work for sending the array from dotNET to SOAP::Lite because
        the type information isn't included. Changing from 'Literal' to 'Encoded'
        gets the array from dotNet to SOAP::Lite just fine but then dotNet doesn't
        find any data in the response. My current hyposthesis is that I'm missing
        some type information in the SOAP::Lite response, but nothing I've tried has
        yielded good results and since my understanding of SOAP is still a little
        shallow I'm really just groping in the dark, so I thought if I had a working
        example I could work backwards from it.

        I really appreciate your offer of help. I can post as much source code or xml
        as you care to look at, or look at yours--what do you think would be most
        productive?

        --
        Kevin M. Goess
        Software Engineer