RE: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite interoperability with .NET using hrefs

  • Martin Hajduch
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 11, 2003
      > I had a play-around with the xml you showed in your original post and SOAP::Lite
      > doesn't seem to have a problem with hrefs.

      i have to confirm this
      i have axis server returning an array of complex types as hrefs and i haven't encountered
      any problems (with hrefs) on the client side (SOAP::Lite)
      i'm even not using my own deserializer

      regards,
      martin
    • Andy Kelk
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2003
        Hi all,

        Thanks ever so much for all of the replies. It certainly gave me some
        new ammo to fire at the problem and I have now found a solution. I have
        succesfully had a .Net client interact and perform its desired actions
        with the SOAP::Lite server.

        Thanks once again to all who helped out. :-)

        Andy

        --
        Andy Kelk
        Head of Integration, Venda
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 10, 2003
          On Thursday 10 April 2003 01:04 am, you wrote:
          > > Andy, can you share the secret with us? I'm trying to get
          > > through the same
          > > problem and it would be so helpful to see some source code.
          >
          > I will certainly do my best. What exactly is the problem you're having?

          Passing a struct, one of whose members is an array, back and forth between
          SOAP::Lite and dotNet (a c# class in a dll). Something like this

          $d = { trkNum => "123",
          authCred => "fubar",
          charges => [2,6,9]
          };

          Using Randy Ray's example
          (http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/03/26/perlanddotnet.html) of
          serialize_complex_type() I was able to send the struct back and forth using

          Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal

          but that doesn't work for sending the array from dotNET to SOAP::Lite because
          the type information isn't included. Changing from 'Literal' to 'Encoded'
          gets the array from dotNet to SOAP::Lite just fine but then dotNet doesn't
          find any data in the response. My current hyposthesis is that I'm missing
          some type information in the SOAP::Lite response, but nothing I've tried has
          yielded good results and since my understanding of SOAP is still a little
          shallow I'm really just groping in the dark, so I thought if I had a working
          example I could work backwards from it.

          I really appreciate your offer of help. I can post as much source code or xml
          as you care to look at, or look at yours--what do you think would be most
          productive?

          --
          Kevin M. Goess
          Software Engineer