RE: [soaplite] on_action handler

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2001
      Hi, Chris!

      You're right, and that is one of the hot topics on soapbuilders list.
      My take on this is simple: SOAP layer should be as much transparent
      as possible, so I'm not doing any data transformations if possible,
      and even if I'm doing something, you'll know about it. As for floats,
      I'll give it to you EXACTLY as it was on wire, so it's up to you, how
      to deal with it and with accuracy. The same thing is true for
      messages you send: I'm sending it as it, without conversion with
      sprinf or somehow else. Any comments and ideas how to do it better
      will be appreciated.

      Only problem with base64 I see is that other toolkits handle it as a
      specific type, and SOAP::Lite basically handles it as an encoding
      (like Content-Encoding). So, with SOAP::Lite on both sides you can
      send alsmost any simple type encoded as base64 and it'll be properly
      decoded, but other toolkits may handle it differently. echoBase64
      test was added yesterday to interp matrix, so in a couple of days
      we'll see the results.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/