interoperability: perl soap::lite client - java apache soap server

  • diane7b <diaben@qwest.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2003
      I have a java soap service that takes a user-defined object
      as request parameter and returns a user-defined object as
      the soap response. I have a java client that works fine with
      this service.
      Now, my problem is that I would like to demonstrate
      interoperability with a perl soap::lite client. I get a "No
      Deserializer found to deserialize..." message as a fault
      (SOAP-ENV:Client).
      Does someone have an example of perl soap::lite sending a
      user-defined object as a soap request to a java server?
      Any suggestions would be appreciated!

      diane7b
    • Steve Piercey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2003
        > I have a java soap service that takes a user-defined object
        > as request parameter and returns a user-defined object as
        > the soap response. I have a java client that works fine with
        > this service.
        > Now, my problem is that I would like to demonstrate
        > interoperability with a perl soap::lite client. I get a "No
        > Deserializer found to deserialize..." message as a fault
        > (SOAP-ENV:Client).
        > Does someone have an example of perl soap::lite sending a
        > user-defined object as a soap request to a java server?
        > Any suggestions would be appreciated!

        I'm using Apache Axis 1.0 with a SOAP::Lite client.
        I've found that the maptype() and blessed object references work together
        well for Java

        I have a Graphic Bean in Java with two members "path" and "image". Using
        SOAP::Lite and the Graphic object declared as a "bean" in the Apache Axis
        "wsdd", this works for me: Note the maptype() declaration. Without this, it
        doesnt' work.

        use SOAP::Lite;
        my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        -> new('uri' =>'urn:Xpp',
        proxy => 'http://localhost:8080/axis/services/XppGraphic',
        maptype => {Graphic => 'urn:Graphic'},
        xmlschema => '2001',
        on_fault => \&fault);

        my $gr = bless {'path' => "default", 'image' => "foo.jpg"} => 'Graphic';

        my $file = $soap->getGraphic($gr)->result;

        HTH

        Steve Piercey