Re: [soaplite] Ok, I'm lost...

  • Dougal Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2003
      On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Mike Kopack <makopack@...> wrote:

      > Hey gang,
      >
      > Ok, I'm trying to figure out how to get started with SOAP::Lite. I
      > installed ActivePerl (newest release) on my Win2000 machine, and I
      > have IIS installed. I followed the directions I found for using CPAN
      > to install SOAP::Lite, and it says it's now installed and up to date,
      > but for the life of me I can't figure out where it was put on the
      > machine.
      >
      > So, questions:
      >
      > 1) where the heck is it?

      Under your perl installation's "site/lib" directory. For example, if you
      installed ActivePerl in "C:\Perl", then look in "C:\Perl\site\lib\SOAP".

      > 2) How can I write a SIMPLE service and deploy it to my IIS server?
      > 3) How do I access that service with a simple client?

      Start with the Quick Start Guide:
      http://guide.soaplite.com/

      If you find you need to over-ride certain behaviors, check the Cookbook:
      http://cookbook.soaplite.com/

      --
      Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal@...>
      http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/