Ok, I'm lost...

  • Mike Kopack <makopack@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2003
      Hey gang,

      Ok, I'm trying to figure out how to get started with SOAP::Lite. I
      installed ActivePerl (newest release) on my Win2000 machine, and I
      have IIS installed. I followed the directions I found for using CPAN
      to install SOAP::Lite, and it says it's now installed and up to date,
      but for the life of me I can't figure out where it was put on the
      machine.

      So, questions:

      1) where the heck is it?
      2) How can I write a SIMPLE service and deploy it to my IIS server?
      3) How do I access that service with a simple client?

      Any help would be appreciated. I'm not the strongest at Perl so I'm
      very confused right now.

      --Mike
    • Dougal Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2003
        On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Mike Kopack <makopack@...> wrote:

        > Hey gang,
        >
        > Ok, I'm trying to figure out how to get started with SOAP::Lite. I
        > installed ActivePerl (newest release) on my Win2000 machine, and I
        > have IIS installed. I followed the directions I found for using CPAN
        > to install SOAP::Lite, and it says it's now installed and up to date,
        > but for the life of me I can't figure out where it was put on the
        > machine.
        >
        > So, questions:
        >
        > 1) where the heck is it?

        Under your perl installation's "site/lib" directory. For example, if you
        installed ActivePerl in "C:\Perl", then look in "C:\Perl\site\lib\SOAP".

        > 2) How can I write a SIMPLE service and deploy it to my IIS server?
        > 3) How do I access that service with a simple client?

        Start with the Quick Start Guide:
        http://guide.soaplite.com/

        If you find you need to over-ride certain behaviors, check the Cookbook:
        http://cookbook.soaplite.com/

        --
        Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal@...>
        http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/