finding script that called server

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2003
      Hello,
      is there any way to tell what domain is calling a server.
      I set up a server and had it send back html with all of the %ENV in them.

      The only thing I could get form that was the ip address of the client
      script int REMOTE_ADDR
      there was no HTTP_REFERER, I was hoping there would be but it never got
      set .

      What I have is a list of services for different domains. Different
      domains subscribe to different services.

      I need to find out the domain calling the script so I can base the
      output on that.
      However I can't just have the clients supply the domain as a function
      argument because then someone could pose as another doman and mess with
      there stuff.
      I realize that %ENV can be manipulated too but not as easy as just
      changing a line in a script.

      Does SOAP::Liter have any feature like that that would report the
      client's domain without using using %ENV or way to enforce that it gets
      used/set?

      Thanks

      Dan