Author need information/help...

  • Mike Kopack <makopack@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2003
      Hi gang.

      I'm currently helping write a book on web services. One of the
      toolkits we're looking to discuss in the book is SOAP::Lite.
      Unfortunately this is a package I'm not familiar with. My experience
      with web services has been primarily in the Java arena, although I
      have done a (very) little bit of Perl in the past.

      I was hoping you guys could point me to some good resources I could
      use to get up to speed. Basically, if you were just learning web
      services from a book, in previous chapters had been exposed to SOAP,
      WSDL, UDDI, etc, and had never used SOAP:Lite before, what would you
      need to see in 4-8 pages in order to get you up to speed so you could
      build a simple service and a client to access it? What would be
      important?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please respond via email so we
      don't swamp the group..

      Thanks!

      --Mike
    • Randy J. Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2003
        > I'm currently helping write a book on web services. One of the
        > toolkits we're looking to discuss in the book is SOAP::Lite.
        > Unfortunately this is a package I'm not familiar with. My experience
        > with web services has been primarily in the Java arena, although I
        > have done a (very) little bit of Perl in the past.

        This probably isn't what he has in mind, but let me take the opportunity to
        point out that the book, "Programming Web Services with Perl" (co-written by
        myself and SOAP::Lite author Paul Kulchenko) is now out from O'Reilly and
        Associates. It has very thorough coverage of SOAP::Lite, including a class
        reference in one of the appendices, and lots of example code.

        Randy
        Randy J. Ray Campbell, CA http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

        Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org