Re: [soaplite] Password contains "#"

  • Dougal Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2003
      On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, davent <stuff_98@...> wrote:

      > Hi. I seem to have found a bug, but maybe someone has an answer.
      >
      > If I'm sending an RPC call to a HTTP server that is
      > username/password protected, the call fails if the password contains
      > a pound (#) symbol.
      >
      > For example, if I call:
      >
      > Username: foo
      > Password: a1#bcd34
      >
      > my $lite = SOAP::Lite -> proxy ("https://foo:a1#bcd34
      > \@.../soap");
      >
      > I receive the following error message:
      >
      > ... Can't connect to foo:a1:443 (Bad hostname 'foo:a1') ...
      >
      > Its almost like the '#' is being interpreted as a comment somewhere
      > in the SOAP::Lite library. Which sorta makes sense, if you think
      > about it.
      >
      > Anyone have any ideas?

      Have you tried url-encoding it? Special characters in URIs should be
      encoded.... The encoding for '#' is '%23', so try:

      my $lite = SOAP::Lite->proxy("https://foo:a1%23bcd34\@.../soap");

      If you aren't familiar with url-encoding, see:
      http://i-technica.com/whitestuff/urlencodechart.html

      --
      Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal@...>
      http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/