Can't call method "url" on an undefined value

  • icarus003 <icarus003@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2003
      Hello All,
      I am currently in the process of writing my first SOAP:Lite
      script. Following some very simple examples I am trying to
      implement a hello world service. I am running a cgi script
      (hibye.cgi) on apache from my local computer. My client (hibye.pl)
      also resides on the my local machine. My code is such:

      ----- hibye.pl ----
      #!perl -w

      use SOAP::Lite;

      print SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('Demo')
      -> proxy ('http://localhost/cgi-bin/hibye.cgi')
      -> hi()
      -> result;

      ------ hibye.cgi ------
      #!perl -w

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      -> handle;

      package Demo;

      sub hi {
      return "hello, world";
      }

      sub bye {
      return "goodbye, cruel world";
      }

      I am getting the following error when running the client:
      Can't call method "url" on an undefined value
      at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 161.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thank you much,
      --Corey