Server side...

  • Da Ros, Mauro
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2001
      Ciao
      After dealing with MS SOAP toolkit, I'm evaluating
      the Soap::Lite. It seems really nice, especially
      the possibility offered by server and the transports.
      What I need, and still doesn't understood if possible,
      is to instantiate a server with the COM interface
      which forwards the calls to a COM object, and not to
      a perl module. I don't think it is possible, but I
      try to ask :-)
      thanks in advance,

      mauro
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2001
        Hi, Mauro!

        Thanks for asking. That's the tricky questions (or maybe tricky
        answer) :)
        Last version (0.50) has the ability to dispatch calls directly to the
        object on server side and I tested it with Perl objects. It should
        also work with COM objects, but I didn't test it yet, though I don't
        see why it shoudn't work.

        call CreateObject("SOAP.Lite") _
        .server("SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon", _
        "LocalAddr", "localhost", _
        "LocalPort", 80) _
        .dispatch_with(CreateObject("SOAP.Lite").hash _
        ("http://my.server/something", CreateObject("My.COM.Object"))) _
        .handle

        dispatch_with accepts hash where keys are URI or SOAPAction of
        incoming call and value is the CLASS (as the string 'CLASS'), or
        object where this call should be dispatched to (in your case it will
        be the COM object). In some complex cases, where you need to alter
        parameters, you may create simple Perl class wrapper and pass the
        object of this class as the target for dispatch. This object will
        accept COM object as a parameter:

        .dispatch_with(CreateObject("SOAP.Lite").hash _
        ("http://my.server/something",
        CreateObject("SOAP.Lite).instanceof('MyPerlClass',
        CreateObject("My.COM.Object")))) _

        This code will call

        MyPerlClass->new(instance_of_My.COM.Object_is_here_as_Win32::OLE);

        and all methods will be called for MyPerlClass and then you can do
        whatever you want to do with parameters and call appropriate method
        from COM object.

        I didn't try it yet, and will be able to do it only tomorrow, but let
        me know if it works (or doesn't work) for you. Thank you.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/