Re: WSDL service timeout issue (CGI script)!!

  • kedsbarve <kedsbarve@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2003
      now i ran the same cgi script where there was no proxy in between.
      And it worked fine. Looks like the script is unable to use the proxy
      settings specified in the $ENV{HTTP_PROXY} variable. Looks like its
      a proxy issue.

      Is there any other way to specify proxy settings (for wsdl service)
      while making the actual connection before/after the service(...) line
      or anywhere else...I browsed thru the mailing list but couldnt find
      one.

      Hope somebody can help me out in this!!

      Thanks..
      kedar

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "kedsbarve <kedsbarve@y...>"

      description 'http://ww6.borland.com/webservices/MapQuest/MapQuest.exe/
      > wsdl/IMapQuest' can't be loaded: 500 Can't connect to
      > ww6.borland.com:80 (Timeout)"
      >
      > ----------
      >
      > #! perl -w
      >
      > use CGI;
      > use CGI::Carp('fatalsToBrowser');
      > my ($cgi) = CGI::new();
      >
      > use SOAP::Lite;
      >
      > $ENV{'HTTP_PROXY'} = "my proxy server address";
      >
      > my $service = SOAP::Lite
      > ->service

      ('http://ww6.borland.com/webservices/MapQuest/MapQuest.exe/wsdl/IMapQu
      > est');
      >
      > print $cgi->header;
      >
      > print $service->GetDirections

      ("fromaddr", "fromcity", "fromstate", "fromcountry", "toaddr", "tocity

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
        Hi Kedar,

        > And it worked fine. Looks like the script is unable to use the
        > proxy
        > settings specified in the $ENV{HTTP_PROXY} variable. Looks like

        I believe it's HTTP_proxy (as well as HTTP_proxy_user and
        HTTP_proxy_pass). Env. variables are case sensitive in this case.
        Hope it helps.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • kedsbarve <kedsbarve@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
          I tried HTTP_proxy (case sensitive), but still the same errors. But I
          still don't understand the fact that it works great if executed from
          a command line window (with the HTTP_proxy settings), but when the
          same script is executed from the browser (as a cgi) these "connection
          timeout" errors come in. :( :(

          I am using Apache/2.0.43 on Win 2K. Is the web server overriding any
          configuration??

          Now I tried this script and it works great.
          ---
          #!d:\perl\bin\perl

          use CGI;
          use CGI::Carp('fatalsToBrowser');
          my ($cgi) = CGI::new();

          print $cgi->header;
          use SOAP::Lite;
          print SOAP::Lite
          -> uri('http://www.soaplite.com/Demo')
          -> proxy('http://services.soaplite.com/hibye.cgi', proxy =>
          ['http' => 'http://MYPROXY.SERVER.ADDRESS'])
          -> hi()
          -> result;

          ---

          Only when I am trying to access a wsdl service from a browser, I am
          getting all these problems.

          It might look like a trivial issue, but i am really exhausted on this
          one. :(

          pointers please!!!

          thanks
          kedar

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Paul Kulchenko <paulclinger@y...>

        • Josh Narins
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
            In case no one mentioned it, I use http_proxy (case
            sensitive) with 5.6.1 at work.

            --- "kedsbarve <kedsbarve@...>"

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com