WSDL service timeout issue (CGI script)!!

  • kedsbarve <kedsbarve@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2003
      soap gurus:

      I am having a weird problem. When I am accessing this wsdl service
      from command line (perl script), it works fine. But when the same
      script is executed as a cgi script, it times out and gives the
      following error:

      "Service
      description 'http://ww6.borland.com/webservices/MapQuest/MapQuest.exe/
      wsdl/IMapQuest' can't be loaded: 500 Can't connect to
      ww6.borland.com:80 (Timeout)"

      ----------

      #! perl -w

      use CGI;
      use CGI::Carp('fatalsToBrowser');
      my ($cgi) = CGI::new();

      use SOAP::Lite;

      $ENV{'HTTP_PROXY'} = "my proxy server address";

      my $service = SOAP::Lite
      ->service
      ('http://ww6.borland.com/webservices/MapQuest/MapQuest.exe/wsdl/IMapQu
      est');

      print $cgi->header;

      print $service->GetDirections
      ("fromaddr", "fromcity", "fromstate", "fromcountry", "toaddr", "tocity
      ", "tostate", "tocountry");

      ------------

      dunno whats happening??? Can anybody help me out???

      Thanks in advance..

      environment: Active Perl 5.6.1 / Win 2000
      Apache 2.0.43, SOAP::Lite (0.55)

      cheers!
      Kedar
    • Shihe Wang
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2003

        Hi,

        As my experience, this kind of problems are most often caused by the first sentense(shebang). Make sure it exactly indicates where perl is. In your case, change the first sentense to:

        #! /usr/bin/perl -w

        Or something like this. Maybe your code can work.

        Good luck.

        Shihe Wang

         "kedsbarve <kedsbarve@...>" <kedsbarve@...> wrote:

[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • kedsbarve <kedsbarve@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2003
          now i ran the same cgi script where there was no proxy in between.
          And it worked fine. Looks like the script is unable to use the proxy
          settings specified in the $ENV{HTTP_PROXY} variable. Looks like its
          a proxy issue.

          Is there any other way to specify proxy settings (for wsdl service)
          while making the actual connection before/after the service(...) line
          or anywhere else...I browsed thru the mailing list but couldnt find
          one.

          Hope somebody can help me out in this!!

          Thanks..
          kedar

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "kedsbarve <kedsbarve@y...>"

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
            Hi Kedar,

            > And it worked fine. Looks like the script is unable to use the
            > proxy
            > settings specified in the $ENV{HTTP_PROXY} variable. Looks like

            I believe it's HTTP_proxy (as well as HTTP_proxy_user and
            HTTP_proxy_pass). Env. variables are case sensitive in this case.
            Hope it helps.

            Best wishes, Paul.

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • kedsbarve <kedsbarve@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
              I tried HTTP_proxy (case sensitive), but still the same errors. But I
              still don't understand the fact that it works great if executed from
              a command line window (with the HTTP_proxy settings), but when the
              same script is executed from the browser (as a cgi) these "connection
              timeout" errors come in. :( :(

              I am using Apache/2.0.43 on Win 2K. Is the web server overriding any
              configuration??

              Now I tried this script and it works great.
              ---
              #!d:\perl\bin\perl

              use CGI;
              use CGI::Carp('fatalsToBrowser');
              my ($cgi) = CGI::new();

              print $cgi->header;
              use SOAP::Lite;
              print SOAP::Lite
              -> uri('http://www.soaplite.com/Demo')
              -> proxy('http://services.soaplite.com/hibye.cgi', proxy =>
              ['http' => 'http://MYPROXY.SERVER.ADDRESS'])
              -> hi()
              -> result;

              ---

              Only when I am trying to access a wsdl service from a browser, I am
              getting all these problems.

              It might look like a trivial issue, but i am really exhausted on this
              one. :(

              pointers please!!!

              thanks
              kedar

              --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Paul Kulchenko <paulclinger@y...>

            • Josh Narins
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
                In case no one mentioned it, I use http_proxy (case
                sensitive) with 5.6.1 at work.

                --- "kedsbarve <kedsbarve@...>"

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com