Running out of file handles (many connections in CLOSE_WAIT state)

  • justinh24 <justinh24@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2003
      I have an application which uses SOAP::Lite on Perl to call
      function on a remote server (HTTPS protocol via WSDL file).

      The application is running fine and the functions are being called.
      The problem is over a long period of time the application abort with
      an out of file handels error.

      Running lsof I see that all of the processes file handles are tied up
      in the CLOSE_WAIT state. It appears that my application is not
      properly closing the TCP connections.

      Since all TCP/IP connection are handeled via SoapLite via
      HTTP::Request I am not sure how to fix this problem. I have attempted
      to undef the SoapLite handle between transactions and reinstantize
      the SoapLite object for each transaction but this doesn't appear to
      help.

      Has anyone else experienced this? If so, do you have any
      recommendations.

      Thank You,

      Justin Hirsch
      Alchemy Communications