Re: SOAP::Lite server/VB .Net client
Thanks for the suggestion - I added ->uri(namespace) for each data
element, but unfortunately, I still receive the same result.
Re: the XML syntax -- I put the XML output in XML Spy and it tells me
that it is valid (i.e. the XML output is correct)
Any other ideas? I've been researching this on the Web and am not
finding a lot of SOAP::Lite server to VB .Net client info.
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Duncan Cameron <dcameron@b...> wrote:
> On 2002-12-10 DaveHod <davehod wrote:
> >I have a simple web service written in Perl with the latest
> >SOAP::Lite. (The service returns a complex type)
> >The service works great with a Java client (using Apache Axis)
> >However, I cannot get it to work properly using a VB client. I
> >proxy running and can see both the request and response msgs, which
> >are functioning properly. However, when VB catches the response, it
> >gives me the following error:
> >"An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException'
> >occurred in system.xml.dll
> >Additional information: There is an error in XML document (1,
> >Are there any known issues with SOAP::Lite and .Net clients?
> >I suspect that problem is that I need to modify the return of my
> >somehow, but am not sure what that would be. My return code is
> > return SOAP::Data->name('Response') ->type('SOAPStruct' =>
> > \SOAP::Data->value(
> > SOAP::Data->name('authorized') ->type('boolean'
> > SOAP::Data->name('high') ->type('string'
> > SOAP::Data->name('low') ->type('string'
> > SOAP::Data->name('membername') ->type('string'
> > SOAP::Data->name('imageURL') ->type('string'
> > SOAP::Data->name('status') ->type('string'
> > SOAP::Data->name('code') ->type('integer'
> > )
> > );
> You probably want to have a namespace on the returned data items.
> See the INTEROPERABILITY section of the SOAP::Lite docs.
> Also, "There is an error in XML document (1, 1153)" is pointing to
> line 1, position 1153, which should show you what the problem is.
> Duncan Cameron