SOAP::Lite server/VB .Net client

  • DaveHod <davehod@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2002
      I have a simple web service written in Perl with the latest
      SOAP::Lite. (The service returns a complex type)

      The service works great with a Java client (using Apache Axis)
      However, I cannot get it to work properly using a VB client. I have a
      proxy running and can see both the request and response msgs, which
      are functioning properly. However, when VB catches the response, it
      gives me the following error:

      "An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException'
      occurred in system.xml.dll
      Additional information: There is an error in XML document (1, 1153)."

      Are there any known issues with SOAP::Lite and .Net clients?

      I suspect that problem is that I need to modify the return of my call
      somehow, but am not sure what that would be. My return code is below:

      return SOAP::Data->name('Response') ->type('SOAPStruct' =>
      \SOAP::Data->value(
      SOAP::Data->name('authorized') ->type('boolean' =>
      $response->{authorized}),
      SOAP::Data->name('high') ->type('string' =>
      $response->{high}),
      SOAP::Data->name('low') ->type('string' =>
      $response->{low}),
      SOAP::Data->name('membername') ->type('string' =>
      $response->{membername}),
      SOAP::Data->name('imageURL') ->type('string' =>
      $response->{imageURL}),
      SOAP::Data->name('status') ->type('string' =>
      $response->{status}),
      SOAP::Data->name('code') ->type('integer' =>
      $response->{code})
      )
      );

      Dave