Attributes in a method call?

  • cagoltz <cagoltz@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2002
      Hi all, I am new to SOAP, so please excuse me if my terminology (or
      understanding) is incorrect, but I've been given the task to write a
      client that can send attributes as in the method call.

      For example:
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope ...snip...>
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <namesp1:myClientMethod type="test" id="111" ...snip...>
      ...snip...
      </namesp1:myClientMethod>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      I haven't been able to find any documentation on this. Can it be done?
      Should they instead be implemented as child elements?

      Thank you very much for your help.

      -Chris
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2002
        Hi Chris,

        You can use call() method and use SOAP::Data element instead of
        method name to provide a necessary set of attributes. Something like
        this should work:

        my $method = SOAP::Data->name('mymethod')
        ->attrs({test = "test", id => 111});

        SOAP::Lite->proxy(...)->uri(...)
        ->call($method, @parameters);

        Best wishes, Paul.