SOAP::Lite over JMS

  • tigerdarla
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2002
      Hello all,

      I have a JMS server running (Tibco JMS, with GLUE handling the SOAP)
      that I need to call from SOAP::Lite. I have it all set up on the
      Java/server end, but don't even know where to begin on the Perl/client
      side. I see that SOAP::Lite supports many transports, so I'm hoping I
      can leverage that somehow, although I realize I'll probably have to do
      a lot of work to get this going.

      If anyone could provide any pointers for how to get started or any
      other information I'd really appreciate it. I'm pretty new to Perl
      and very new to JMS, so this will definitely be a challenge...

      Thanks,

      => Darla
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2002
        Hi Darla,

        I'm often confused by that question. As far as I understand, JMS is
        an API and doesn't ensure transport-level compatibility. The
        availability of SonicMQ and SpiritSoft bridges for TIBCO and MQSeries
        makes me think that they are in fact incompatible on transport level.
        SOAP::Lite includes MQ transport, which is based on MQSeries module,
        and is specific for MQSeries (WebsphereMQ) transport format. I'm not
        aware of any Perl adapter for TIBCO products. Does anybody have more
        information on this?

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com