Re: SOAP::Lite on IIS returns double HTTP Status lines

  • T Bryce Yehl
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2002
      --- In soaplite@y..., Duncan Cameron <dcameron@b...> wrote:
      > # imitate nph- cgi for IIS (pointed by Murray Nesbitt)
      > my $status = defined($ENV{'SERVER_SOFTWARE'}) &&
      $ENV{'SERVER_SOFTWARE'}=~/IIS/
      > ? $ENV{SERVER_PROTOCOL} || 'HTTP/1.0' : 'Status:';
      >
      > Maybe you need to stop IIS generating the status line itself.
      > Or you can change this code to generate what you think you need.

      I dug into HTTP.pm last night and found that, for my server I just
      added a line underneath: $status = 'Status:';

      I'm not a Perl person, I'm just trying to interop with a Perl app that
      I'm running under IIS for development purposes. If someone wants to
      properly fix this, MS KB Q176113 seems to indicate that IIS 3+ does
      not use NPH unless the filename starts with nph-.

      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q176113

      -Bryce
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2002
        Hi Bryce,

        Yes, that's the way it currently works: it's expected that script
        will be executed in nph- mode. It should be fairly easy to override
        though; just add "undef $ENV{SERVER_SOFTWARE};" BEFORE
        SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI call in your server script and you should
        get expected behavior. It's planed to be configurable in the next
        version.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com