COM Interface Problems with https protocol

  • Ulrich Harttig
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm trying to use the SOAP::Lite COM Interface for calling a SOAP server from
      a VBA program under Win 2K (no Perl installed). After downloading and
      registration of the static COM Lite.dll, contacting a SOAP server using the
      HTTP protocol worked fine.
      But contacting a SOAP server using the HTTPS protocol leads to the error:
      "Can't locate Crypt/SSLeay/MainContext.pm in @INC (@INC ....)"
      Checking the @INC directories,I found a Crytp/SSLeay.dll that seems to
      indicate that the appropriate module is actually there and should have been
      found.
      Can someone point me to cause of the error message ?
      Judging from the documentation for the COM interface only the registration of
      the Lite.dll seems to be required. But wouldn't I need in addition the SSL
      libraries (openssl or similar) or does Win2K provides an implementation for
      these libs ?

      Thanks for your help

      Ulrich Harttig
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2002
        Hi Ulrich,

        > the Lite.dll seems to be required. But wouldn't I need in addition
        > the SSL
        > libraries (openssl or similar) or does Win2K provides an
        > implementation for
        > these libs ?
        That actually shouldn't happen, because Crypt/SSLeay/SSLeay.dll is
        included in Lite.dll. I believe I've tested standalone module with
        https transport. It's also possible that you're using some of the
        options that I haven't tried and MainContext module is required for
        those options, but haven't been included. You may either make this
        module available somewhere in @INC, or generate Lite.dll yourself and
        include all libraries you need (all scripts/batch files are available
        in /examples/COM directory, but you'll need to use commercial PDK
        from ActiveState). I'll make sure that this file will be included in
        future versions of Lite.dll. Do you have any script I can test with?

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com