Re: [soaplite] Soaplite with mod_perl 1.99

  • Josh Narins
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2002

      In 2.0, Apache::Constants has been replaced with Apache::Const.

      You need something like

      use Apache::Const qw(OK);

      in your script.

      I don't think I tried to get SOAP::Lite working when I was checking out 2.0

      josh

       Mohd Zaid Md Fazil <zaid@...> wrote:

      Hi group,

      Does anybody successfully deploy soaplite with mod_perl 1.99 and apache
      2.0.40?.
      I manage to install and configure httpd.conf but get an error when calling
      the server from soap client.

      ***** httpd error_log *******

      [Tue Nov 26 10:49:26 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Undefined subroutine
      &Apache::Constants::OK called at
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 444.

      ********************

      when I trace, in mod_perl 1.99 the Constants.pm already replace with other
      module. so subroutine &Apache::Constants::OK  is not exist.

      The call to soap server is successful, but the content type is text/html
      with 500 server error code.

      Any idea?.

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2002
        Hi Josh and Zaid,

        --- Josh Narins <josh_narins@...> wrote:
        > In 2.0, Apache::Constants has been replaced with Apache::Const.
        > You need something like
        > use Apache::Const qw(OK);
        > in your script.

        Actually you need more than that. Because Apache.pm is loaded with
        require rather than use (run-time vs. compile-time) there is no
        access to OK constant and call to Apache::Constants::OK is used
        instead. Apache::compat emulates Apache::Constants, however it
        doesn't do full emulation. You may need to do:

        *Apache::Constants::OK = \&Apache::Const::OK if defined
        %{"Apache::Const::"};

        or something simimlar in your code.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com