Soaplite with mod_perl 1.99

  • Mohd Zaid Md Fazil
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2002
      Hi group,

      Does anybody successfully deploy soaplite with mod_perl 1.99 and apache
      2.0.40?.
      I manage to install and configure httpd.conf but get an error when calling
      the server from soap client.

      ***** httpd error_log *******

      [Tue Nov 26 10:49:26 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Undefined subroutine
      &Apache::Constants::OK called at
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 444.

      ********************

      when I trace, in mod_perl 1.99 the Constants.pm already replace with other
      module. so subroutine &Apache::Constants::OK is not exist.

      The call to soap server is successful, but the content type is text/html
      with 500 server error code.

      Any idea?.
    • Josh Narins
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2002

        In 2.0, Apache::Constants has been replaced with Apache::Const.

        You need something like

        use Apache::Const qw(OK);

        in your script.

        I don't think I tried to get SOAP::Lite working when I was checking out 2.0

        josh

         Mohd Zaid Md Fazil <zaid@...> wrote:

        Hi group,

        Does anybody successfully deploy soaplite with mod_perl 1.99 and apache
        2.0.40?.
        I manage to install and configure httpd.conf but get an error when calling
        the server from soap client.

        ***** httpd error_log *******

        [Tue Nov 26 10:49:26 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Undefined subroutine
        &Apache::Constants::OK called at
        /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 444.

        ********************

        when I trace, in mod_perl 1.99 the Constants.pm already replace with other
        module. so subroutine &Apache::Constants::OK  is not exist.

        The call to soap server is successful, but the content type is text/html
        with 500 server error code.

        Any idea?.

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2002
          Hi Josh and Zaid,

          --- Josh Narins <josh_narins@...> wrote:
          > In 2.0, Apache::Constants has been replaced with Apache::Const.
          > You need something like
          > use Apache::Const qw(OK);
          > in your script.

          Actually you need more than that. Because Apache.pm is loaded with
          require rather than use (run-time vs. compile-time) there is no
          access to OK constant and call to Apache::Constants::OK is used
          instead. Apache::compat emulates Apache::Constants, however it
          doesn't do full emulation. You may need to do:

          *Apache::Constants::OK = \&Apache::Const::OK if defined
          %{"Apache::Const::"};

          or something simimlar in your code.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com