Re: [soaplite] Access to HTTP headers from CGI server

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 21, 2002
      Hi Byrne,

      --- Byrne Reese <breese@...> wrote:
      > Let me try that. It makes complete sense that the Web server would
      > consume this data. However, SOAP::Lite does not display the Auth
      > header
      > in its trace data either - I imagine that is done on purpose for
      > the same security reasons.
      Yes and no ;). The trace data shows the information from Request
      object, and the auth headers will be added by LWP::UserAgent right
      before the request is made (you should be able to see it in LWP
      debug).

      > mod_perl seems like the way to go here - I agree. Darn. Oh well.
      It might be still possible to use your CGI script; you just need to
      write a mod_perl handler to store auth info in environment variable.
      It's quite possible that such a handler already exists.

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com