Re: [soaplite] Server-Side Envelope Capture and Logging

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2002
      On 2002-11-12 Josh Staiger wrote:
      >Hi,
      >
      >I'm still waiting for an answer to this question.
      >Maybe I'm missing something obvious in the docs. If
      >so, I'm sorry. However, I've read through them a few
      >times, and I don't think I am.
      >
      >I am using a mod_perl based SOAP server.
      >
      >I would like to be able to capture and log the raw XML
      >of all requests and responses sent to and from the
      >server. Is there an easy way to do this on the
      >server-side?
      >
      >I know how to do it with a SOAP client using +trace,
      >but can this be used with a SOAP server with
      >SOAP::Transport::HTTP? If so then how?

      Just the same way, e.g.

      use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug';

      The problem seems to be that there are far fewer trace events in the
      server side than the client. You probably want to add a couple of
      calls to SOAP::Trace into the handle() method of
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Server, like so:

      SOAP::Trace::debug($self->request->as_string);
      after assigning $self, and
      SOAP::Trace::debug($self->response->as_string);
      before exiting

      If you are running on Windows then I recommend the tcptrace and
      proxytrace tools from http://www.pocketsoap.com

      Regards,
      Duncan Cameron