Server-Side Resuest & Response Logging

  • Josh Staiger
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2002
      Hello,

      I am using a mod_perl based SOAP server.

      I would like to be able to capture the raw XML of all
      requests and responses sent to and from the server.
      Is there an easy way to do this on the server-side?

      I know how to do it with a SOAP client using +trace,
      but can this be used with a SOAP server with
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP? If so then how?

      Right now my server code looks like this:

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      package SOAP::Apache;

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache
      -> dispatch_to('/var/soaplite/modules', 'Blog');

      $server->serializer->maptype->{SOAPStruct} = '';

      sub handler { $server->handler(@_) }

      1;

      http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
    • Ian Burrell
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2002
        Josh Staiger wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I am using a mod_perl based SOAP server.
        >
        > I would like to be able to capture the raw XML of all
        > requests and responses sent to and from the server.
        > Is there an easy way to do this on the server-side?
        >
        > I know how to do it with a SOAP client using +trace,
        > but can this be used with a SOAP server with
        > SOAP::Transport::HTTP? If so then how?
        >
        > Right now my server code looks like this:

        The server-side doesn't use the transport trace. It is trivial to add
        it by modifying SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm file. I added:

        SOAP::Trace::transport($self->request);

        to the top of SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Server::handle, and

        SOAP::Trace::transport($self->response);

        to the end of make_response.

        - Ian
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2002
          Hi Ian,

          > The server-side doesn't use the transport trace. It is trivial to
          > add it by modifying SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm file.
          Right. In fact, as far as I remember server-side trace was there
          couple of versions ago, but was removed due to several reasons. It
          will be back, however not before logging support is redesigned
          (Log::Dispatch::Config and Log::Log4perl are two candidates).

          Best wishes, Paul.

          http://launch.yahoo.com/u2