Concrete example of TCP+SSL (or HTTPS) server?

  • Jeremy Weatherford
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2002
      Hello,

      I need to be able to implement both sides of a new application with either
      SSL or HTTPS. I haven't been able to find a complete example of a working
      TCP+SSL server, although there are vague references to it being possible
      in the archives. I get the impression that HTTPS should be done via
      Apache, which I would prefer not to do if possible.

      My current TCP+SSL server looks like:

      use SOAP::Transport::TCP;

      my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::TCP::Server
      -> new (LocalPort => 4380, Listen => 5, Reuse => 1, SSL_server => 1)
      -> dispatch_to('/home/thwap/servers');

      and gets:

      Can't open socket: No such file or directory at ./server.pl line 7

      when run. Works fine in non-SSL mode.

      Any input would be appreciated... thanks!

      Jeremy Weatherford
      xidus@...
      http://xidus.net