String size difficulties with SOAP under Apache

  • Maurice
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2002
      I am getting an error if I send a long string (> 10K chars) to my
      soap service under apache (works fine outside of apache or if I cut
      down the string to a smaller length ( < 1K chars).

      Caught SOAP Fault: SOAP Fault: Application failed during request
      deserialization:
      no element found at line 1, column 8000, byte 8000
      at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/XML/Parser.pm line 185

      My mod_perl.conf (includeed in httpd.conf)looks like this:

      LimitRequestFieldSize 16380
      LimitRequestLine 16380
      # 0 sets no limit
      LimitXMLRequestBody 0

      PerlModule Apache2
      PerlModule Apache::compat

      <Location /perl-status>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::Status
      </Location>

      <Location /soap>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
      PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/usr/local/SOAPserver/Mine, Strings"
      # PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000"
      PerlSetEnv MMM_BINDIR "/usr/local/mmm/5.0/linux2.4-glibc2.1-
      x86/bin"
      PerlSetEnv MMM_ENVDIR "/usr/local/lsf/conf"
      PerlSetEnv MMM_LOG_MASK "LOG_DEBUG"
      PerlSetEnv MMM_LOG_DIR "/usr/local/SOAPserver/logs"
      PerlSetEnv MMM_SCRIPT_DIR "/usr/local/SOAPserver/datadir"
      </Location>

      I am using Apache 2 and the latest mod_perl module. I usually run
      soap with a simple soap.daemon but wantedf something more robust.
      Any ideas would be great. Thanks,
      Maurice