[Fwd: SSL Soap Daemon]

  • McKay, Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2001
      Oops,

      The proxy line in the client should be:

      -> proxy('https://loclhost/hibye.cgi')

      Not:

      -> proxy('https://services.soaplite.com/hibye.cgi')

      Thanks again

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: SSL Soap Daemon
      Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:46:43 -0500
      From: Steve McKay <smckay@...>
      To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com

      Hello,

      We are trying to secure the communication between a soap client and soap
      daemon using ssl over http.

      Our soap client would be something like:

      #!perl -w
      #
      #SOAP Client
      #
      use SOAP::Lite;
      print SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('Demo')
      -> proxy('https://services.soaplite.com/hibye.cgi')
      -> hi()
      -> result;

      However Im not sure how to code the daemon to serve ssl. Currently our
      daemon is like

      #!perl -w
      #
      #SOAP Daemon
      #

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      use Demo;

      # don't want to die on 'Broken pipe' or Ctrl-C
      $SIG{PIPE} = $SIG{INT} = 'IGNORE';

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> new (LocalPort => 80)
      -> dispatch_to('/home/soaplite/modules') ;

      print "Contact to SOAP server at ", $daemon->url, "\n"; $daemon->handle;

      Any thoughts or pointers?

      Thank you in advance.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2001
        Hi, Steve!

        Currently SSL functionality is not supported for daemons. I know
        about Net::Daemon::SSL and IO::Socket::SSL, but this functionality is
        not integrated yet for couple of reasons: Net::Daemon::SSL is just
        the first version, and nobody asked for it before :).

        It's on my todo list, but couple of other things, like attachment
        generation, performance hints, async processing, better WSDL support
        and header handlers have higher priority. I'll give it a try and if
        it'll be easy, I'll add it. if not, you can try it youself and I'll
        definitely include it in distribution with your credits.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/