Re: [soaplite] Re: Attribute for header

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
      Hi hmenon,

      > So would it possible given SOAP::Lite's flexibility to do so (even
      > if it may not be fully correct)?

      I would say yes. You can override SOAP::Serializer class and add
      anything you want to the Header element. Just keep in mind it's
      against the spec.

      BEGIN {
      package MySerializer; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA = 'SOAP::Serializer';

      sub xmlize {
      $_[1]->[1]->{foo} = 'bar' if $_[1]->[0] =~ /:Header$/;
      shift->SUPER::xmlize(@_);

      --- hmenon_1999 <hmenon_1999@...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the information. I did not know that this violated SOAP
      > specification..!
      >
      > But the problem is that I cannot get the server writers to change
      > this for quite some time to come.. So I am stuck with this
      > behaviour
      > for the time being.. Also current clients are managing to achieve
      > this by using MS-SOAP toolkit. I would like to do the same with
      > SOAP::Lite..
      >
      > So would it possible given SOAP::Lite's flexibility to do so (even
      > if
      > it may not be fully correct)?
      >
      > Thanks & Regards
      > hmenon