Sending Attachments

  • rogerio_goiania
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2002
      Hello!

      I need to send a zip archive from my webservice written in SOAP::Lite
      to my client written in Delphi. How can i do it? Somebody have a
      simple example???

      Thanks for any answer.

      Rogerio
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2002
        Hi Rongerio,

        I believe I've already replied to the similar message offlist; here
        is the copy of the answer. You can't do it with the current version
        of SOAP::Lite, but you can use SOAP::MIME module from Byrne Reese.
        Here is the example from upcoming "Programming web services with
        Perl" (that Randy Ray and I co-authored):

        use SOAP::Lite;
        use SOAP::MIME;
        use MIME::Entity;

        my $cid = "bar";
        my $ent = build MIME::Entity
        Type => "image/gif",
        Encoding => "base64",
        Path => "image.gif",
        'Content-Id' => "<$cid>",
        Disposition => "attachment";

        my $som = SOAP::Lite
        ->uri("...")
        ->proxy("...")
        ->parts($ent)
        ->send_image(SOAP::Data->name("foo")->attr({href => "cid:$cid"}));

        There are plans to include this functionality in SOAP::Lite. Let me
        know if you have any issues.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- rogerio_goiania <rpa_rio@...> wrote:
        > Hello!
        >
        > I need to send a zip archive from my webservice written in
        > SOAP::Lite
        > to my client written in Delphi. How can i do it? Somebody have a
        > simple example???
        >
        > Thanks for any answer.
        >
        > Rogerio

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2002
          Take a look at http://majordojo.com/SOAP-MIME/

          It is also available on cpan.org. The perl module is a patch, but I am
          currently working to make it more modular, to SOAP::Lite. Just load
          SOAP::Lite, then load SOAP::MIME to use its functionality. It only has
          been tested for composing and decomposing mime messages from a client's
          perspective, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on the server side.

          In any event, feel free to ask me any questions if you run into trouble
          (knock-on-wood).

          On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 03:25, rogerio_goiania wrote: Hello!

          I need to send a zip archive from my webservice written in SOAP::Lite
          to my client written in Delphi. How can i do it? Somebody have a
          simple example???

          Thanks for any answer.

          Rogerio

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor