Re: [soaplite] How to call XMLRPC "validator1"?

  • Loren Amelang
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2002
      At 01:44 PM 10/22/2002 -0700, Paul Kulchenko wrote:
      >Hi Loren,
      >If you extracted validator1
      >in a separate package, then you need to end it with '1;', so it can
      >be loaded properly as a module (there is no need to do it if it's in
      >the same file as the main script).

      Exactly my problem - thank you! I'm learning Perl along with SOAP/XML-RPC,
      and unfortunately I tend to assume my problems will be complicated instead
      of stupidly simple. I had noticed some Perl files end with "1;", but hadn't
      figured out why.

      >You may also want to
      >test it using XMLRPCsh, which may be easier to invoke:

      The interactive shell is nice because it decodes the "HASH(0x2123674)" into
      something readable:

      > validator1.whichToolkit
      --- XMLRPC RESULT ---
      {
      'toolkitDocsUrl' => 'http://www.soaplite.com/',
      'toolkitOperatingSystem' => 'MSWin32',
      'toolkitName' => 'XMLRPC::Lite',
      'toolkitVersion' => '0.55'
      }

      I'm left with one mystery at the moment. My original server file has a "-w"
      flag in the top line, and it always prints the following three warnings for
      each of my requests, no matter what package or method, even when my
      transactions work:

      Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
      N:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 203.
      Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
      N:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 203.
      Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
      N:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2090.

      If I add the "-w" to your example, it displays the same exact messages,
      same files and line numbers. Obviously I could turn off the warnings, but
      do they mean I'm doing something wrong somewhere?

      I tried to turn on trace in the server, but nothing (that I noticed)
      happened. What would be the best way to debug something like this?

      Thanks for helping me learn!

      Loren

      | Loren Amelang | loren@... |