problem with random names for namespaces

  • a_moschovinos
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2002
      How can I avoid getting random names for 'namespaces' in request and

      Every time it seems the server picks up a random name (like namesp9
      below)
      e.g.
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <namesp9:move_documentsResponse
      xmlns:namesp9="http://xxx/LibraryServices">
      <STATUS xsi:type="xsd:string">ERROR</STATUS>
      </namesp9:move_documentsResponse>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2002
        May I ask why would you want to do it? Prefixes in XML message
        shouldn't really matter.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- a_moschovinos <angelos@...> wrote:
        > How can I avoid getting random names for 'namespaces' in request
        > and responses that qualify the method call ?
        >
        > Every time it seems the server picks up a random name (like namesp9
        >
        > below)
        > e.g.
        > <SOAP-ENV:Body>
        > <namesp9:move_documentsResponse
        > xmlns:namesp9="http://xxx/LibraryServices">
        > <STATUS xsi:type="xsd:string">ERROR</STATUS>
        > </namesp9:move_documentsResponse>
        > </SOAP-ENV:Body>

        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2002
          Hi Angelos,

          --- Angelos Moschovinos <angelos.moschovinos@...> wrote:
          > I think it would be more elegant to have your own names for
          > namespaces.
          > Especially if you want to define an XML Schema for other users to
          > call your SOAP server.

          But those names *are* my own ;). They are generated by SOAP::Lite as
          far as I understand. Could you provide an example of what you would
          like to see?

          Best wishes, Paul.