SOAP::Lite and POE

  • Mike Schroeder
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2002
      Paul -- back in:
      you mentioned thinking about how you might combine SOAP::Lite and POE --
      I am just starting to look at some issues that might need that. The
      example I am thinking of is to use SOAP::Lite in some server
      configuration, then in response to requests, have POE facilitate
      concurrent database calls using one of the POE DBI modules, and then
      have those concurrent calls consolidated into one SOAP reply back to the
      client (I have some SOAP calls that require multiple expensive DBI
      calls). Perhaps there are other ways of doing this that don't involve
      POE, but POE is intriguing for other reasons as well...

      Just a thinking out loud question -- thanks for all you do with SOAP::Lite.

      Mike Schroeder
      President, DonorWare

      P.S. I was a panelist at an InfoWorld conference on next generation web
      services a month ago and had opportunity to plug SOAP::Lite a few times!