Re: Attribute for header

  • hmenon_1999
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2002
      Thanks for the information. I did not know that this violated SOAP
      specification..!

      But the problem is that I cannot get the server writers to change
      this for quite some time to come.. So I am stuck with this behaviour
      for the time being.. Also current clients are managing to achieve
      this by using MS-SOAP toolkit. I would like to do the same with
      SOAP::Lite..

      So would it possible given SOAP::Lite's flexibility to do so (even if
      it may not be fully correct)?

      Thanks & Regards
      hmenon
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
        Hi hmenon,

        > So would it possible given SOAP::Lite's flexibility to do so (even
        > if it may not be fully correct)?

        I would say yes. You can override SOAP::Serializer class and add
        anything you want to the Header element. Just keep in mind it's
        against the spec.

        BEGIN {
        package MySerializer; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA = 'SOAP::Serializer';

        sub xmlize {
        $_[1]->[1]->{foo} = 'bar' if $_[1]->[0] =~ /:Header$/;
        shift->SUPER::xmlize(@_);

        --- hmenon_1999 <hmenon_1999@...> wrote:
        > Thanks for the information. I did not know that this violated SOAP
        > specification..!
        >
        > But the problem is that I cannot get the server writers to change
        > this for quite some time to come.. So I am stuck with this
        > behaviour
        > for the time being.. Also current clients are managing to achieve
        > this by using MS-SOAP toolkit. I would like to do the same with
        > SOAP::Lite..
        >
        > So would it possible given SOAP::Lite's flexibility to do so (even
        > if
        > it may not be fully correct)?
        >
        > Thanks & Regards
        > hmenon