Re: [soaplite] Re: Hi / New / OO interface from COM

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2001
      Hi, Vaibhav!

      --- vaibhav_arya@... wrote:
      > My understanding is that the problem in the COM-OO interface is
      > that
      > VB requires to have an object interface defined before you can
      > instantiate the same. Here the oject of type temprature is not pre-
      > defined for the VB world so the code (which I was trying, earlier):
      >
      > Dim a as Temperature
      > Set a = SoapObject.new("35")
      Cannot tell you for sure about first line (you may even try to skip
      it), but second line should probably look like:

      Set a = SoapObject.call("new", 35)

      > Will not work because VB does not recognise the object Temperature
      yet.
      Right. This declaration shouldn't be there. However interface still
      can return object from SoapObject.call(). I'll try tomorrow.

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/