Re: Hi / New / OO interface from COM

  • vaibhav_arya@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10 10:57 PM
      Paul:

      Thanks for your message, will try and keep you updated!

      My understanding is that the problem in the COM-OO interface is that
      VB requires to have an object interface defined before you can
      instantiate the same. Here the oject of type temprature is not pre-
      defined for the VB world so the code (which I was trying, earlier):

      Dim a as Temperature
      Set a = SoapObject.new("35")

      Will not work because VB does not recognise the object Temperature
      yet.

      Is my understanding correct?

      MS SOAP Toolkit offers some sort of a TypeMapper together with their
      WSML, does anyone have any idea about that?

      Thanks again Paul

      Regards,
      Vaibhav

      --
      Vaibhav Arya
      Mega E-Services
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10 11:06 PM
        Hi, Vaibhav!

        --- vaibhav_arya@... wrote:
        > My understanding is that the problem in the COM-OO interface is
        > that
        > VB requires to have an object interface defined before you can
        > instantiate the same. Here the oject of type temprature is not pre-
        > defined for the VB world so the code (which I was trying, earlier):
        >
        > Dim a as Temperature
        > Set a = SoapObject.new("35")
        Cannot tell you for sure about first line (you may even try to skip
        it), but second line should probably look like:

        Set a = SoapObject.call("new", 35)

        > Will not work because VB does not recognise the object Temperature
        yet.
        Right. This declaration shouldn't be there. However interface still
        can return object from SoapObject.call(). I'll try tomorrow.

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/