Re: sending raw XML as the result

  • mrdamnfrenchy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26 5:52 AM
      --- In soaplite@y..., "arnaud_sahuguet" <sahuguet@l...> wrote:
      > Is there a way to send raw XML as the result of a service?
      > From the SOAP::Lite documentation, the only way seems to use
      > SOAP::Data to create elements one by one.

      No, just return the XML string as a string. SOAP::Lite will encode the
      < and the & appropriately.

      The only issue is if you use XML::Lite::Parser (instead of
      XML::Parser), the & and < are not decoded by SOAP::Lite on
      reception. This is inconsistent and should probably be fixed.

      -Mathieu
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26 11:34 AM
        Yeah - I did this in a service I wrote around Amazon's REST based
        service. Check out:

        http://majordojo.com/amazon_query/

        http://majordojo.com/amazon_query/amazon_query.txt

        Specifically:

        my $content = _fetch($url);
        $content =~ s/\<\?xml.*\?\>\n?//; # strip the <?xml blah?>
        $content =~ s/\<\!.*\>\n?//; # strip <!DOCTYPE blah>
        return SOAP::Data->type('xml' => $content);

        On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 11:23, arnaud_sahuguet wrote: Hi,

        Is there a way to send raw XML as the result of a service?
        >From the SOAP::Lite documentation, the only way seems to use
        SOAP::Data to create elements one by one.

        regards,

        Arnaud

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        :/ byrne