sending raw XML as the result

  • arnaud_sahuguet
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2002
      Hi,

      Is there a way to send raw XML as the result of a service?
      From the SOAP::Lite documentation, the only way seems to use SOAP::Data to create elements one by one.

      regards,

      Arnaud
    • mrdamnfrenchy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2002
        --- In soaplite@y..., "arnaud_sahuguet" <sahuguet@l...> wrote:
        > Is there a way to send raw XML as the result of a service?
        > From the SOAP::Lite documentation, the only way seems to use
        > SOAP::Data to create elements one by one.

        No, just return the XML string as a string. SOAP::Lite will encode the
        < and the & appropriately.

        The only issue is if you use XML::Lite::Parser (instead of
        XML::Parser), the & and < are not decoded by SOAP::Lite on
        reception. This is inconsistent and should probably be fixed.

        -Mathieu
      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 26, 2002
          Yeah - I did this in a service I wrote around Amazon's REST based
          service. Check out:

          http://majordojo.com/amazon_query/

          http://majordojo.com/amazon_query/amazon_query.txt

          Specifically:

          my $content = _fetch($url);
          $content =~ s/\<\?xml.*\?\>\n?//; # strip the <?xml blah?>
          $content =~ s/\<\!.*\>\n?//; # strip <!DOCTYPE blah>
          return SOAP::Data->type('xml' => $content);

          On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 11:23, arnaud_sahuguet wrote: Hi,

          Is there a way to send raw XML as the result of a service?
          >From the SOAP::Lite documentation, the only way seems to use
          SOAP::Data to create elements one by one.

          regards,

          Arnaud

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          :/ byrne