Multitasking SOAP server dispatch?

  • Ron Murphy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2002
      Hi,

      I want to use an existing CLI process written in Perl, to handle concurrent SOAP requests.  There is centralized state information that lives in my CLI process, that needs to be available to all "sessions" (a web GUI session).  So, a pure stateless CGI-like solution on the CLI side won't suffice.

      There are actually both centralized state to be shared by all session, plus state that might be maintained on behalf of a particular session, as long as that session remains (e.g. while a web GUI page is still open and has not timed out).

      Can SOAP::Lite be used in this way, with either threading or forked server process models?

      Thanks
      Ron