Unresolved prefix

  • john_griffin12
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2002
      Thatnks for everyone's help with the header problem. I've got it
      working now but here's the next one.

      error msg:
      Unresolved prefix 'ns2' for attribute value 'ns2:contact'

      value returned (partial):
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <ns1:getContactResponse xmlns:ns1="urn:PersonService" SOAP-
      ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <return xmlns:ns2="" xsi:type="ns2:contact">
      <firstName xsi:type="xsd:string">Anthony</firstName>
      <mobile xsi:type="xsd:string" xsi:null="true"/>

      I'm assuming this means that I have to write a de-serialization
      routine for this data type 'contact' or is it that the ns2 namespace
      value may not be defined in the wsdl file. If the answer involves a
      new routine can some one give me a brief rundown on writing on or
      point me to a good explanation. The SOAP::Lite docs are sketchy under
      the serializer section.

      In java this would be accessed as a bean if that helps(and it works).

      Thanks in advance.

      J.G.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 23, 2002
        Hi John,

        > error msg:
        > Unresolved prefix 'ns2' for attribute value 'ns2:contact'

        > <return xmlns:ns2="" xsi:type="ns2:contact">

        As far as I remember XML Namespaces specification doesn't allow to
        have empty namespace names, unless they are default names (in other
        words, xmlns:foo="" is not allowed, while xmlns="" is fine).
        SOAP::Lite shouldn't allow you to generate this attribute, unless you
        do it manually. Such message cannot be properly processed, hence the
        error message. If you associate "contact" type with some namespace,
        you can then map it to the type deserializer (see
        exmaples/customschema.pl for example). Hope it helps.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://sbc.yahoo.com