Header element

  • john_griffin12
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2002
      Anyone know how to get this in the header

      <element a=xxx b=xxx c=xxx></element>

      I tried:
      $header = SOAP::Header->new(name => 'element')
      ->attr(a => 'xxx',
      b => 'xxx',
      c => 'xxx');

      but it doesn't work. Data dumper shows this:

      $VAR1 = bless( {
      '_value' => [
      'xxx',
      'b',
      'xxx',
      'c',
      'xxx'
      ],
      '_signature' => [],
      '_name' => 'element',
      '_attr' => 'a'
      }, 'SOAP::Header' );

      and that's not what I'm looking for. Help!!!
    • Randy J. Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2002
        On 2002.09.20 06:33 john_griffin12 wrote:
        > Anyone know how to get this in the header
        >
        > <element a=xxx b=xxx c=xxx></element>
        >
        > I tried:
        > $header = SOAP::Header->new(name => 'element')
        > ->attr(a => 'xxx',
        > b => 'xxx',
        > c => 'xxx');
        >
        > but it doesn't work. Data dumper shows this:
        >
        > $VAR1 = bless( {
        > '_value' => [
        > 'xxx',
        > 'b',
        > 'xxx',
        > 'c',
        > 'xxx'
        > ],
        > '_signature' => [],
        > '_name' => 'element',
        > '_attr' => 'a'
        > }, 'SOAP::Header' );

        The attr() method takes a hash reference, not a hash. If I've used a hash/list
        in previous responses, I apologize for any confusion. What happened was it
        took the "a" as the value for attr, and the rest of the list as the overall
        value for the element (see the manual page section on SOAP::Data for the
        semantics of the methods).

        Instead, do this:

        $header = SOAP::Header->new(name => 'element')
        ->attr({ a => 'xxx',
        b => 'xxx',
        c => 'xxx' });

        Randy
        --
        rjray@... Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

        Any spammers auto-extracting addresses from this message will definitely want
        to include uce@... and report@...