Re: [soaplite] Header and URL question

  • Randy J. Ray
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18 1:44 PM
      On 2002.09.18 13:23 john_griffin12 wrote:

      > I have a soap implementation in place that was written in Java and
      > calls to it are made to http://xxx/mm/SOAPServlet. The servlet is
      > the apache servlet.
      >
      > 2 questions:
      >
      > 1. What url(proxy) do I use.

      This should be the URL you refer to above. There may be an issue of the "SOAP
      Action" header, which is what SOAP::Lite configures with the "uri" method. You
      haven't said what the server expects, though.

      > 2. I need to add a header entry of
      >
      > <authentication username=xxx password=xxx>
      > </authentication>
      >
      > How do I accomplish this?

      $header = SOAP::Header->new(name => 'authentication')
      ->attr(username => 'xxx',
      password => 'xxx');
      $soaplite_obj->call('method', $header, @other_args);

      Randy
      --
      rjray@... Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

      Any spammers auto-extracting addresses from this message will definitely want
      to include uce@... and report@...
    • Randy J. Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18 2:07 PM
        On 2002.09.18 14:00 John Griffin wrote:

        > This particular call expects no parameters just the method name
        > 'listUploadMappings'. Which brings me to my next question. Do I put the
        > method name as the first parameter of the @other_args or do I need to do
        > something else.

        Actually, once you have the SOAP::Lite instance object, you can call the
        method directly off of it, as if it were local code:

        $soap->listUploadMappings($header)

        SOAP::Lite recognized object derived from SOAP::Header in the parameter list,
        and moves them to the proper place in the request envelope.

        Randy