Header and URL question

  • john_griffin12
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18 1:23 PM
      I have a soap implementation in place that was written in Java and
      calls to it are made to http://xxx/mm/SOAPServlet. The servlet is
      the apache servlet.

      2 questions:

      1. What url(proxy) do I use.
      2. I need to add a header entry of

      <authentication username=xxx password=xxx>
      </authentication>

      How do I accomplish this?

      (new to SOAP::Lite)
      Thanks in advance

      John G.
    • Randy J. Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18 1:44 PM
        On 2002.09.18 13:23 john_griffin12 wrote:

        > I have a soap implementation in place that was written in Java and
        > calls to it are made to http://xxx/mm/SOAPServlet. The servlet is
        > the apache servlet.
        >
        > 2 questions:
        >
        > 1. What url(proxy) do I use.

        This should be the URL you refer to above. There may be an issue of the "SOAP
        Action" header, which is what SOAP::Lite configures with the "uri" method. You
        haven't said what the server expects, though.

        > 2. I need to add a header entry of
        >
        > <authentication username=xxx password=xxx>
        > </authentication>
        >
        > How do I accomplish this?

        $header = SOAP::Header->new(name => 'authentication')
        ->attr(username => 'xxx',
        password => 'xxx');
        $soaplite_obj->call('method', $header, @other_args);

        Randy
        --
        rjray@... Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

        Any spammers auto-extracting addresses from this message will definitely want
        to include uce@... and report@...
      • Randy J. Ray
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18 2:07 PM
          On 2002.09.18 14:00 John Griffin wrote:

          > This particular call expects no parameters just the method name
          > 'listUploadMappings'. Which brings me to my next question. Do I put the
          > method name as the first parameter of the @other_args or do I need to do
          > something else.

          Actually, once you have the SOAP::Lite instance object, you can call the
          method directly off of it, as if it were local code:

          $soap->listUploadMappings($header)

          SOAP::Lite recognized object derived from SOAP::Header in the parameter list,
          and moves them to the proper place in the request envelope.

          Randy