Alternative Formats

  • Chad Simmons
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2002
      Ok, so after having done some testing and playing with the module a bit I think
      I have a good handle on what is going on and how to access web services via
      SOAP. I'm now faced with an unusual (or at least I think it is) situation. The
      web service I'm trying to talk to is expecting to get (via HTTPS) a multipart
      mime document. The first part will be the SOAP request object and the second
      part will be an XML document. I've been looking at MIME::Tools for building the
      multipart document, but I'm unsure how to get the SOAP request from SOAP::Lite
      to insert into the multipart document. Then once I have the full multipart
      document I'm unsure how I can then transport that document to the SOAP server.

      Any suggestions?

      Chad Simmons

      =====

      Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
      http://news.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2002
        Hi Chad,

        You may try to use SOAP::MIME:

        use SOAP::Lite;
        use SOAP::MIME;
        use MIME::Entity;

        my $cid = "bar";
        my $ent = build MIME::Entity
        Type => "image/gif",
        Encoding => "base64",
        Path => "image.gif",
        'Content-Id' => "<$cid>",
        Disposition => "attachment";

        my $som = SOAP::Lite
        ->uri("...")
        ->proxy("...")
        ->parts($ent)
        ->send_image(SOAP::Data->name("foo")->attr({href => "cid:$cid"}));

        Any S::L server should be able to process that (let me know if you
        have problems). I plan to include this functionality in S::L and keep
        the same interface if possible.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- Chad Simmons <polpak@...> wrote:
        > Ok, so after having done some testing and playing with the module a
        > bit I think
        > I have a good handle on what is going on and how to access web
        > services via
        > SOAP. I'm now faced with an unusual (or at least I think it is)
        > situation. The
        > web service I'm trying to talk to is expecting to get (via HTTPS) a
        > multipart
        > mime document. The first part will be the SOAP request object and
        > the second
        > part will be an XML document. I've been looking at MIME::Tools for
        > building the
        > multipart document, but I'm unsure how to get the SOAP request from
        > SOAP::Lite
        > to insert into the multipart document. Then once I have the full
        > multipart
        > document I'm unsure how I can then transport that document to the
        > SOAP server.
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Chad Simmons
        >
        > =====

        Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
        http://news.yahoo.com
      • John Liu
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 18, 2002
          Hi, Paul,

          How can I access auth .htaccess
          site using WSDL in soaplite?

          thanks.

          John Liu
        • Randy J. Ray
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2002
            On 2002.09.18 13:30 John Liu wrote:

            > How can I access auth .htaccess
            > site using WSDL in soaplite?

            This isn't clear-- are you trying to use a WSDL description to help you locate
            and download a .htaccess file, or are you trying to use the settings in a
            .htaccess file to control the generation of WSDL?

            Randy
            --
            rjray@... Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

            Any spammers auto-extracting addresses from this message will definitely want
            to include uce@... and report@...
          • John Liu
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 18, 2002
              Sorry, when I issued the following call
              and the site has .htaccess control, obviously
              I can't get any wanted results back. Paul provides
              some examples how to handle such case, but none of
              those deal with using wsdl call -

              $s= SOAP::Lite
              -> service('http://www.myservices.com/myservice.wsdl')
              -> getDocs($sec, '123', 'john123');

              foreach $doc (@$s) {
              print "$doc\n";
              }

              thanks.

              johnl

            • John Liu
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 19, 2002
                I did a test,the php soap server returns
                associated array in the form -
                $res[$i] = array ( 'elem1' => $arr[0],
                'elem2' => $arr[1],
                'elem3' => $arr[2],
                'elem4' => $arr[3]);

                the WSDL file is similar to GoogleSearch.wsdl,
                I tried to use soaplite to do the following
                call -
                my $result= SOAP::Lite
                -> service('http://services/mkbt.wsdl');
                -> myCall($sec, '123', 'johnl');

                if(defined($result->{resultElements})) {
                print join "\n",
                "Found:",
                $result->{resultElements}->[0]->{elem1},
                $result->{resultElements}->[0]->{elem2} . "\n"
                }

                The error msg - Can't coerce array into hash.

                A year ago, I can't figure this out.
                Is any body find a way now to handle this?

                thanks.

                johnl