Re: [soaplite] does soaplite support dbi-mysql?

  • Shihe Wang
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2002
      Randy, Thanks for the information.
      I mean if SOAP::Lite disable DBI or not by asking "if
      SOAP::Lite supports DBI". As a fact when re-test my
      code added lines as Duncan and/or Michael suggested,
      that in soap-lite server, dbi is searched in different
      way comparing with usual on command line.
      I use -M switch to trace mysoap.cgi, I found error msg
      "411 Length Required"
      Shawn Wang

      --- rjray@... wrote:
      > SOAP::Lite does not "support" MySQL in the sense
      > that there are any classes
      > specifically designed for using MySQL. But that
      > isn't the point; SOAP::Lite is
      > designed to handle the SOAP-level elements of your
      > application, while you use
      > something like DBI+DBD::MySQL for the database
      > layer. So yes, it is possible
      > to use the two in tandem, but there is no
      > SOAP::Lite-level support, anymore
      > than there is for Oracle or Sybase or any other
      > specific RDBMS.
      >
      > As to your example code, that is a puzzler. I agree
      > with Duncan that you
      > should consider changing "CGI" to "Daemon" in the
      > creation of the server
      > object, then you can run the server as a stand-alone
      > script and add debugging.
      >
      > (You can also add debugging on-the-fly by using the
      > -M switch to Perl:
      >
      > perl -MSOAP::Lite=trace mysoap.cgi
      >
      > perl -MSOAP::Lite=trace test1.pl
      >
      > This will enable the full tracing hooks, see the
      > "SOAP::Trace" section in the
      > manual page for SOAP::Lite to see the different
      > options you can use.)
      >
      > Randy
      > --

      > Randy J. Ray