Re: [soaplite] does soaplite support dbi-mysql?

  • rjray@blackperl.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2002
      SOAP::Lite does not "support" MySQL in the sense that there are any classes
      specifically designed for using MySQL. But that isn't the point; SOAP::Lite is
      designed to handle the SOAP-level elements of your application, while you use
      something like DBI+DBD::MySQL for the database layer. So yes, it is possible
      to use the two in tandem, but there is no SOAP::Lite-level support, anymore
      than there is for Oracle or Sybase or any other specific RDBMS.

      As to your example code, that is a puzzler. I agree with Duncan that you
      should consider changing "CGI" to "Daemon" in the creation of the server
      object, then you can run the server as a stand-alone script and add debugging.

      (You can also add debugging on-the-fly by using the -M switch to Perl:

      perl -MSOAP::Lite=trace mysoap.cgi

      perl -MSOAP::Lite=trace test1.pl

      This will enable the full tracing hooks, see the "SOAP::Trace" section in the
      manual page for SOAP::Lite to see the different options you can use.)

      Randy
      Randy J. Ray rjray@...
      Campbell, CA rjray@...
      <A HREF="http://www.svsm.org">Silicon Valley Scale Modelers</A>
    • Shihe Wang
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2002
        Randy, Thanks for the information.
        I mean if SOAP::Lite disable DBI or not by asking "if
        SOAP::Lite supports DBI". As a fact when re-test my
        code added lines as Duncan and/or Michael suggested,
        that in soap-lite server, dbi is searched in different
        way comparing with usual on command line.
        I use -M switch to trace mysoap.cgi, I found error msg
        "411 Length Required"
        Shawn Wang

        --- rjray@... wrote:
        > SOAP::Lite does not "support" MySQL in the sense
        > that there are any classes
        > specifically designed for using MySQL. But that
        > isn't the point; SOAP::Lite is
        > designed to handle the SOAP-level elements of your
        > application, while you use
        > something like DBI+DBD::MySQL for the database
        > layer. So yes, it is possible
        > to use the two in tandem, but there is no
        > SOAP::Lite-level support, anymore
        > than there is for Oracle or Sybase or any other
        > specific RDBMS.
        >
        > As to your example code, that is a puzzler. I agree
        > with Duncan that you
        > should consider changing "CGI" to "Daemon" in the
        > creation of the server
        > object, then you can run the server as a stand-alone
        > script and add debugging.
        >
        > (You can also add debugging on-the-fly by using the
        > -M switch to Perl:
        >
        > perl -MSOAP::Lite=trace mysoap.cgi
        >
        > perl -MSOAP::Lite=trace test1.pl
        >
        > This will enable the full tracing hooks, see the
        > "SOAP::Trace" section in the
        > manual page for SOAP::Lite to see the different
        > options you can use.)
        >
        > Randy
        > --

        > Randy J. Ray