Re: [soaplite] Do SOAP::Lit and CGI support database-MySQL?

  • Shihe Wang
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2002
      Duncan,
      Thanks for yor response.
      --- Duncan Cameron <dcameron@...> wrote:
      > On 2002-09-10 shihewang wrote:
      > >Hello,
      > >
      > >Anybody knows if SOAP::Lite and CGI support
      > database, say MySQL?
      > >Please let me know.
      > >
      > >My test results are negative. I am not sure if my
      > codes are correct.
      > >1. SOAP::Lite

      > >**** Server

      > >#!/usr/bin/perl -w
      > ># file: mysoap.cgi
      > >
      > > use DBI;
      > > use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      > >
      > > SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      > > -> dispatch_to('Mysoap')
      > > -> handle;
      > >
      > > package Mysoap;
      > >
      > > sub search_db
      > > {
      > > use DBI;
      > > my $db_name = "";
      > > my $passwd = "";
      > > my $login = "";
      > > $dbh =DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:$db_name",
      > $login, $passwd)
      > >
      > > $sth=$dbh->prepare(qq{select id from test
      > where id =1});
      > > $sth -> execute;
      > > my $retval = $sth->fecthrow;
      > > return $retval;
      > > }
      > >
      > >1;
      > >#end mysoap.cgi
      >
      > Are you getting any server errors?
      > I suggest putting the Mysoap package either *before*
      > the
      > call to SOAP:Transport (and then switching back to
      > the main package)
      > or into a separate file.

      there's no server msg detected.
      Do you mean dynamic deployment? Does it make any
      difference?

      ->proxy("http://www.dept.university.edu/~mylogin/cgi-
      > >bin/mysoap.cgi")
      > > ->hi();
      >
      > There is no hi() method in Mysoap package.
      This is a mistake. It should be search_db() rather
      than hi(). Sorry.

      > Regards,
      > Duncan Cameron

      Did you test DBI within CGI or SOAP::Lite? Could you
      show me an example?
      Thanks.
      Shawn Wang

      Yahoo! - We Remember
      http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute
    • Dougal Campbell
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2002
        On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, shihewang wrote:

        > [....]
        > $sth=$dbh->prepare(qq{select id from test where id =1});
        > $sth -> execute;
        > my $retval = $sth->fecthrow;
        ^^^^^^^^

        Is this typo (should be 'fetchrow') in the code you're trying to run, or
        was that just a transcription error when you composed the email?

        --
        Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal@...>
        http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2002
          --- In soaplite@y..., Dougal Campbell <dougal@g...> wrote:
          > On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, shihewang wrote:
          >
          > > [....]
          > > $sth=$dbh->prepare(qq{select id from test where id =1});
          > > $sth -> execute;
          > > my $retval = $sth->fecthrow;
          > ^^^^^^^^
          >
          > Is this typo (should be 'fetchrow') in the code you're trying to
          run, or
          > was that just a transcription error when you composed the email?
          >
          > --
          > Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal@g...>
          > http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/
          > Web Design & Development: http://www.mentalcollective.com/
          > This message is guaranteed to be 100% eror frea!

          You are right. It is a mistake when compose the email. The code is
          my $result = $sth->fetchrow;
          Sorry.
          Shawn Wang