SoapLite dll minimal or standalone dosn't work

  • Henrik Schak Hansen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2002
      I am trying to get the VB Soap examples
      to work, but they all fail.

      I have the latest ActiveState Perl installed
      on my computer and SoapLite 0.55.

      When I register the standalone DLL(successfully) and try
      to use the provided VB soap examples it says:

      Run-Time error....
      Automation error
      Unspecified error

      When I try to use the small version dll it says:

      "Can't find PerlCtrl"

      Looking trough the archive others have had similar
      problems but I can't see any solutions (other than running
      it on a computer where Perl isn't installed).

      Any suggestions ?

      Regards
      Henrik Schak

      -------
      [Denne E-mail blev scannet for virus af Declude Virus]
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]
    • Eric Promislow
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2002
        Hello, Henrik,

        I'm not sure which DLLs you're referring to. I went to
        my local SOAP-Lite-0.52\examples\COM, didn't find any DLLs,
        built a minimal DLL by running

        perlctrl Lite.ctrl

        registered it, and was able to run service.vbs

        You do need the ActiveState Perl Dev Kit to build the DLL.

        - Eric