Lite.dll and JavaScript

  • estancedotorg
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hello,

      I have an application where the client will (hopefully) be JavaScript
      and the server is W2K running IIS and the latest perl and SOAP::Lite.

      I was wondering if anyone actually got the JavaScript client example
      to work, i.e.:

      <script language="javascript">
      <!--
      // .create() here is synonim for .new(), because new()
      // is reserved in JavaScript

      var objPerlCOM = new ActiveXObject("SOAP.Lite");
      var SOAP = objPerlCOM.create();
      SOAP.proxy("http://norm/soap1/fauxex.pl")
      .uri("Fauxex");

      function getStateName (form) {
      form.result.value = SOAP.getStateName(form.state.value).result();
      }
      //-->
      </script>

      I tried both the full and min. versions of Lite.dll as well as
      building both myself (I have ActiveState's PDK). Every time the page
      loads, I run into the same error: "Automation server can't create
      object" referring to the line: var objPerlCOM = new ActiveXObject
      ("SOAP.Lite");

      Using Microsoft's OLE viewer, I can see SOAP_Lite_COM_TypeLib is
      present and the methods seem like they ought to work. Lastly, I
      tried other OLE stuff and could successfully launch applications like
      Outlook and Excel.

      Any help would be great.

      Brian
    • Eric Promislow
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2002
        Hi, Brian, this worked:

        var objPerlCOM = new ActiveXObject("PerlCOM.Script");
        var sh = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
        var SOAP = objPerlCOM.CreateObject("SOAP::Lite", "new");
        var soap_service = SOAP.service('http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes.wsdl');
        var res = soap_service.getQuote('borl');
        sh.Popup(res);

        - Eric